News & Interviews
- How Game-Based Learning Can Save the Humanities. Jordan Shapiro talks about Gamestar Mechanic as a bridge between technical and humanities learning.
- EdWeek article by E-Line Media’s President Alan Gershenfeld and Michael H. Levine, Executive Director of the Joan Ganz Cooney Center, on how game-based learning can address educational challenges.
- The Journal interviews E-Line Media and our partners on the educational value of video game design.
- The Huffington Post features E-Line Media’s President Alan Gershenfeld on how game-based learning can significantly impact education.
- E-Line Media’s President tells Earth Sky how video games help kids learn.
- American Association of School Librarians interviews E-Line Media’s President Alan Gershenfeld on the National STEM Video Game Challenge.
- E-Line Media’s President Alan Gershenfeld tells NY1 about the Games for Change Festival.
- E-Line Media’s Educational Specialist, Katya Hott, talks about video game design at a workshop with kids in Norfolk, VA, produced in cooperation with PBS Kids.
- E-Line’s President Alan Gershenfeld and Michael Levine of the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop discuss the White House’s new games and learning effort.
- An exceptional language arts teacher uses Gamestar Mechanic as a powerful literary tool to increase student motivation and engagement.
- How Gamestar Mechanic excited learning in one young student.
- Milwaukee middle school student uses Gamestar Mechanic and earns a national prize.
- MacArthur Foundation’s Spotlight on Digital Media and Learning features a case study on Gamestar Mechanic.
- 21st Century Educational Technology and Learning highlights Gamestar Mechanic.
- BrainPop features Educator Sherri Dodd on her experience using Gamestar Mechanic in the classroom.
Reviews & Awards
- Indie Game Reviewer’s review of Gamestar Mechanic.
- Gamestar Mechanic featured as an IndieCade finalist.
- Gamestar Mechanic gets good grades from Common Sense Media and is called a “grand adventure.”
- Gamasutra announces Gamestar Mechanic as a Gold Medalist in the 2011 International Serious Play Awards.